Texas Roadhouse Rolls With Cinnamon Honey Butter
Servings 5-6 dozen
Cook Time 10 minutes
* 4 tsp active dry yeast
* 1/2 cup warm water
* 2 cup milk scalded and cooled to lukewarm
* 3 tbsp melted butter slightly cooled
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 7 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 whole eggs
* 2 tsp salt
* 1 cup butter softened
* 1 cup powdered sugar
* 1 cup honey
* 2 tsp cinnamon
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water with a teaspoon of sugar; let stand until frothy.
2. Combine yeast mixture, milk, 1/2 cup sugar and enough flour to make a medium batter (about the consistency of pancake batter).
3. Beat thoroughly and add melted butter, eggs and salt. Beat well.
4. Add enough flour to form a soft dough.
5. Sprinkle a small amount of flour onto counter and let dough rest.
6. Meanwhile, grease a large bowl. Knead dough until smooth and satiny and put in greased bowl; turn over to grease top. (I used a dough hook on my mixer to knead this for about 4-5 minutes).
7. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk before punching down.
8. Turn out onto a floured board.
9. Divide into portions for shaping; let rest 10 minutes. Shape dough into desired forms. Place on greased baking sheets. Let rise until doubled.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Baste immediately with butter.
1. Add everything in the order listed, whipping well.