Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Meatballs
Servings 20 meatballs
Cook Time 25 minutes
* 2 lbs ground beef
* 10 – 14 pieces Thick Cut Bacon
* 2 large eggs
* 1 1/2 Cups Italian Bread Crumbs
* 1/4 Cup water
* 1 – 2 Tsp Garlic Powder (can use 1 to 2 fresh garlic cloves minced)
* 1/2 cup Tsp Onion Powder can use 1/4finely chopped onions
* 1 cup BBQ sauce I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Hickory and Brown Sugar Sauce
1. Place ground beef, eggs, water, bread crumbs, garlic, and onion powder into a bowl and thoroughly mix the ingredients together.
2. Roll into approximately 20 – 22 golf sized balls.
3. Cut the bacon in half and wrap each meatball with a half slice of bacon.
4. Place meatballs about an inch apart on a foil covered pan with the bacon seam side down. Bake at 350F degrees for 20 minutes in center rack. *You can also place the meatballs on a cookie rack in the pan. This will keep the meatballs out of the bacon grease.*
5. At 20 minutes, take pan out and drain out bacon fat. Brush on BBQ sauce and place back into the oven for 10 minutes and brush on more BBQ sauce. Drain out pan again if needed. Brush on more BBQ sauce and place back into the oven for 5 minutes. *If you’re not big on BBQ sauce, you can skip the third brushing of BBQ and serve BBQ sauce on the side*
6. Drain any remaining bacon fat and serve.